The NCC unit of the college has a capacity to enroll 108 cadets with a provision to enroll girl students. The unit has been making consistent efforts to instill discipline, sense of duty, patriotism and moral values in the youth. It has produced many disciplined cadets in the past who have brought Laurels to the college by participating in the Republic Day Camp and Thal Sainik Camp in New Delhi.
The college NCC unit is managed by Lt. Aslam A Konkani who is a Lecturer in the Department of English.
“ Unity and Discipline “,
In line with these aims of NCC, the college has been making every effort to achieve them. Regular parades on every Tuesday are being held. All the cadets must strictly adhere to the rules and regulations laid down. The college has been making tremendous progress through sincere efforts in this sphere.
The NCC unit of the college has a capacity to enroll 108 cadets out of which there are 38 SW Cadets and 70 SD Cadets in the training year 2017-18. The unit has been making consistent efforts to instill discipline, sense of duty, patriotism and moral values in the youth. It has produced many disciplined cadets in the past who have brought credit to the college by taking part in the Republic Day Parade, Camps, Competitions, etc and getting laurels to the college.
AIMS OF NCC
- To develop character, comradeship, discipline, leadership, secular outlook, spirit of adventure and the ideals of selfless service amongst the youth of the country.
- To create a human resource of organized, trained and motivated youth, to provide leadership in all walks of life and always available for the service of the nation.
- To provide suitable environment to motivate the youth to take-up a career in the Armed Forces.
Thal Sainik Camp Attended from 17.09.2018 to 28.09.2018 in New Delhi.
|Kishor Halkeri, Junior Under Officer||Gourish B Bagalkot, Junior Under Officer|
The Achievements of the cadets in the training years from 2015 to 2018.
- J.U.O. Shubham Kalal has attended Army Attachment Camp in Indian Military Academy, Deharadun from 01st June 2015 to 15th June 2015.
- S.U.O. Soumya Hajeri has participated in Rajpath P.M. Rally, New Delhi from 01st January 2016 to 30th January 2016.
- J.U.O. Archana.M.Bhat has attended Thal Sainik Camp at New Delhi from 18th September 2017 to 29th September 2017.
- J.U.O. Kishor.S.Halkeri has attended Thal Sainik Camp (IDS) Inter-directory shooting at New Delhi from 17th September 2018 to 28th September 2018 and has won the silver medal and brought laurels to the institution.
- J.U.O. Gourish.B.Bagalkot has attended Thal Sainik Camp (Obstacle Training) at New Delhi form 17th September to 28th September 2018.
- CDT Harishkumar Ganiger and SGT Kamalaxi has donated the blood during combined Annual Training Camp at B.V.B, Hubli on 21st October,2016.
- Cdt Harishkumar K.G has attended ‘All India Shivaji Trail Trek-2016’ Camp which was held at Kolhapur, Maharashtra from 30th November 2016 to 10th December,2016.
- SGT H.C.Shrikant has attended ‘Basic Leadership Camp’ at Maharaja Undergraduate Hostel, Mysuru, fr 21-06-2017 to 30-06-2017.
- CPL Shailja kumbhar has participated in PRE-TSC (Intergroup Competition) Tumakuru from 27th Aug 2018 to 5th Sept, 2018.
- S.U.O Harishkumar Ganiger has attended ‘All India Trek Camp’ which was held at Jeetnagar, Maharstra from 02 December,2017 to 18th December,2017. He was appointed as the Camp Senior during the camp.
- Cdt Sahil. S.V. Cdt Sachin Patil. Cdt Pooja Ramagondi and Cdt. Amrutha Gargad, has attended Basic Leadership Camp at Holenarsipura, Mysuru from 31st May 2018 to 9th June 2018.
- S.U.O. Akshay Katti has participated in Mountaineering Camp, held at Darjeeling, conducted by Himalayan Mountaineering institute, Darjeeling (West Bengal) India, from 25th May 2018 to 08th June 2018.
- Our Company (2/28) has won the overall General Championship award during ‘Combined Annual Training Camp’ held at Amargol, Hubli, from 22nd July 2018 to 31st July 2018, was conducted by 28 KAR BN NCC, Hubli.
The NSS Unit of the college has added spectacular feathers to its cap. The voluntary service by the volunteers are not just appreciated in the college but all over the city. Regular activities of social service is a part of our life.
“ Education through community service “,
“ Not Me but Thou “,
♦ On 12th October 2009, about 25 volunteers visited the villages severally affected by recent floods in Navalgund Taluk namely Javur, Ballur, Shishuvinahalli etc., and distributed 12 quintals of Rice, grains and flour to the victims.
♦ NSS Day was celebrated on 10th October 2009. Dr. N.Y. Mattihal, Department of Kannada, KUD was the Chief Guest.
♦ On 2nd October 2009, under the auspicious occasion of “Gandhi Jayanti”, 12 volunteers of the NSS Unit donated blood.
♦ On 15th August 2009, NSS volunteers visited Chikkenkoppa Ashram for Blinds at Navanagar Hubli and donated musical instrument (tabla) to them.
♦ On 20th March 2009 NSS volunteer participated in “walk for water rally” jointly organized by Water Literacy Foundation and Deshapande Foundation Hubli.
♦ NSS special camp was held at Sulla village from 28th February 2009 to 6th March 2009. The volunteers helped in renovation of age old Kalmeshwar Temple at Sulla and under took many social and community services.
♦ NSS volunteers Miss. Pushpalata M Korishettar and Mr. Chandrashekar M Kammar attended State level RD Parade at Bangalore on 26th January 2009.
♦Inauguration of NSS Special Camp at Hubballi Taluk,Hallyal Village with lighting the lamp by Shree.Basavling, Swamiji of Rudrakshimath, Hubballi and Grampanchayat members of Hallyal Village. on 15th Sep.2017.