J. G. College of Commerce Founded by the Karnatak Lingayat Education Society in 1947, Hubli is the oldest single faculty collegiate institution in this part of Karnataka. Affiliated to the Karnataka University, Dharwad, the college offers excellent education in the field of commerce.
The Jagadguru Gangadhar College of Commerce, the first collegiate Institution in Hubli, was founded in the year 1947, as a single faculty college. During those days there were no centers of higher learning in Commerce in the whole of North Karnataka within a radius of 300 miles. K.L.E. Society, watchful of requirements of educational institution, expressed its concern and readiness to start a College of Commerce at Hubli. A munificent donation and ideal site provided by His Holiness Jagadguru Gurushiddha Rajyogindra Mahaswamiji of Murusavirmath Hubli enabled K.L.E. Society to venture to start the college. The Karnataka Chamber of Commerce headed by Late Shri. S.S.Yalamali, the then President, and Late Shri. R.V. Shirur, the then secretary and a few philanthropists of Hubli have contributed a lot, financially, for the commencement of the college. Permission from Bombay University was obtained with the efforts of Late Sri. H.F. Kattimani, founder life member and Dr. B.S. Jirge the then Chairman of K.L.E. Society.